Arrowfile.com is owned and operated by S&N British Data Archive Ltd. We are committed to protecting your privacy, and we will only use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. What information do we collect from you and why?
When you register or place an order on Arrowfile.com we collect the following personal information from you:
- Your name
- An email address
- A telephone number (optional)
- A password (this is provided by you when you create an account with Arrowfile.com)
- A billing and delivery address (this is required when placing an order)
Through using the website and our services, we also collect the following technical information:
- The IP address of your device (such as your computer, tablet or mobile phone)
- Details of your web browser
We only collect information about you that is required to fulfill your order, for prevention of unauthorised access to your account and for improving our website and services we provide.
You can check that the information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date by logging into your account or contacting us. If you find any inaccuracies you can amend them in your account, or you can let us know, and we will delete or correct them promptly (within 7 working days). The personal information we hold is stored securely, in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
2. How do we use your personal information?
We only use your personal information for the following reasons:
- To authenticate access to your account (when you log in to the website).
- To process your order - for certain items, this includes us sending your name and email address on to the supplier. We or the supplier may contact you in connection with your order, such as clarification of an address or an item you have ordered.
- To provide you with customer service following an order.
- If you opt in to our newsletter, we will use your email address to send you regular updates, news and offers from Arrowfile, S&N British Data Archive Ltd, Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd and their associated brands. You can opt out of this at any time by going to your account, contacting us, or clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any marketing email.
We will securely hold your personal information for your convenience in your account unless you ask us to remove these details. You can request that we remove your details from Arrowfile.com at any time by contacting us, we will then initiate this for you. Please be aware that if you do wish to close your account, we may need to retain certain information to resolve disputes and comply with our legal obligations and tax requirements.
3. Are your details shared with others?
Your personal information is stored on our secure server, please be assured that this does not get passed on to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- Order details - your name and email address are passed on to a supplier if this is needed to complete an order. This allows them to fulfill your order. Your name and email address are also passed over to Trusted Shops who will ask you for a review of our service.
- Payment details - Card details are entered directly into our secure card payment processor Stripe. We never receive or have access to your full payment details - the payment provider stores card details securely for the purpose of processing payments and refunds.
- Contact details - these may be passed to a courier or delivery service, so they can contact you regarding delivery of your order.
4. How secure is your information?
We store all personal information on our secure servers, these have both technical and physical safeguards in place to protect against inappropriate access, loss or misuse of data. While we cannot guarantee that this will not happen, our security team regularly review our security practices, updating them as necessary to help ensure the integrity of your information.
To help protect against your personal information from being misused or accessed, it is important that you use a strong password for your account that you have not used elsewhere. The UK Government's CyberAware Campaign has some good advice on picking passwords.
If you have any queries regarding this policy, please contact us.